The Strategy Pattern defines a family of algorithms, encapsulates each once, and makes them interchangebale. Strategy lets the algorithm vary independently from clients that use it.
- Encapsulate what varies.
- Favor compostion ove inheritence.
- Program to interface, not implementation.
- Knowing the OO basics does not make you a great OO designer.
- Good OO designs are reusable, extensible and maitainable.
- Patterns are proven object-oriented experience.
- Patterns don't give you code, the give you general solution to design problems. You apply them to your specific application.
- Patterns aren't invented, they are discovered.
- Most patterns and principles address issues of change in software.
- Most patterns allow some part of system to vary independently of all other parts.
- We often try to take what varies in a system and encapsulate it.
- Pattens provide a shared language that can maximize the value of your communication with other developers.